POSITION VACANT – BOOKKEEPER
The Deans Marsh Community Cottage is an incorporated association governed by a Committee of Management. The Bookkeeper works with the Coordinator to manage the day to day transactional activities of the Finances and Payroll to ensure the timely and accurate processing of transactions to inform decision-making.
The successful applicant will have;
- Qualification in finance, accounting or payroll and extensive and appropriate experience in book keeping functions up to reporting and analysis stage with an understanding of the requirements of accounting standards and GST.
- Experience in processing book keeping transactions including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, journals and reconciliations.
- A good understanding of and experience in maintaining financial information technology systems.
- Proficient IT skills, with working knowledge of Quickbooks Online Accounts, Microsoft, Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong organisational and record maintenance skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet tight time lines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Focus on improving systems and recommending efficiencies to the finance area.
Salary: NHACE Collective Agreement 2010
Hours: Part-time position, 5 hours per week.
Further Information: Rebecca Callahan, Deans Marsh Cottage Coordinator.
Position Description: download the DMCC Bookkeeper PD (Word document)
Applications: Close Friday 24th February, 2017 and must be addressed to Rebecca Callahan, C/o Deans Marsh Community Cottage, 10 Pennyroyal Valley Rd, Deans Marsh 3235 and marked as Confidential.
Email applications to email@example.com with the subject Bookkeeper Application.